Hello all,

I will be going to India to study abroad this Fall, and will be completing an internship prior to this and will be doing so under a tourist visa.  Therefore, I will need to switch visas in the middle of my trip and am not sure if I need to return to the states to do this.  Does anyone have experience switching types of visa's?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Carrita,

Actually, based on my experience, tourist visa is valid only for tourist or visiting family/friends. For studying, you'd better have a student visa or at least Entry Visa (which you can convert to Student Visa in India after your internship is done). The most important thing you need is the sponsor letter from the company that you're doing the internship in. You can convert the Entry Visa in FRRO. It's quite challenging and patience-consuming, but not impossible at all.

Good luck!





Your safety and comfort is our deepest concern.

Please avoid publishing your e-mail or phone numbers- they are visible to non-members as well. For own safety, use only internal mails/chat system for communication.

Read further:

Code Of Conduct


© 2018   Created by Viren Khanna.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service